Zurück zu Willert.de

Report on specific package: Outer access

Report on specific package: Outer access

Postby faith_v » September 15th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a template in ReporterPLus bounded with generating report on specific package. Still, I need some information from other packages in the model, like diagrams.
For example, one element from my package is taking part in sequence diagram which is in other package and I need to have the name and the diagram itself in my report. In this case, I cannot find any of the references through my package in the model in ReporterPlus and also cannot access the sequence diagrams in other packages when generating on selected element. Does anybody have any idea is this possible at all and if it is how can I manage to deal with it?

Thanks!
faith_v

Re: Report on specific package: Outer access

Postby simonmorrish » January 15th, 2012, 1:22 am

Hi Faith

You can do what you need in one of two ways.

1. You could set a parameter in Rhapsody.ini, which will load the references for each element no matter where they are in the model. The parameter is something like this:

Code: Select all
[ReporterPLUS]
LoadElementReferences=TRUE
Then, each element in ReporterPLUS will have a [references] collection - you'll be able to find your sequence diagrams within that.

2. An alternative approach, if you can't or don't want to change Rhapsody.ini (perhaps because you don't want your template users to have to change theirs) is to use this advanced condition in an iteration under your element:

Code: Select all
<Specific Object>

let referencedSeqDiags = (
  filter {
    there_exists ELT in [containedElements] =>
    ELT = this
  }
  over all "SequenceDiagram"
)
in
referencedSeqDiags
Forgive me any errors in the above - I'm not in front of ReporterPLUS at the moment so can't check. It should work though. One of the great things about ReporterPLUS's "Q" language is that, once you get your head around it, it's very powerful, yet syntactically very simple, and easy to write.

I hope that helps.

best regards,
Simon
simonmorrish

Return to TestConductor, ATG, Gateway, ReporterPlus