Zurück zu Willert.de

TestConductor: Invalid Instance for dummy driver

TestConductor: Invalid Instance for dummy driver

Postby rgebhart » May 15th, 2010, 12:20 am

Hello, this is my first time attempting to use Test Conductor to setup some automated tests against a model developed application.

Generated the TestArchitecture for the class I am interested in creating some verification tests for.

Created a SD test and on the SD see the Dummy Driver and the SUT (the class I wish to verify).

Creating a simple SD with one message from the Driver to the SUT (createInitialDB).

Update, Build and execute the test: I see that the constructors for the SUT (and its related objects) are getting constructed ... However, I get the following arrow, and the one message (createInitialDB) is never sent to the SUT (as evidenced by lack of output to the console):

Invalid or non existant instance\class nameTCon_TestController_play.itsDummyDriver_of_TestController_play

I assume that it is something simple that I am over looking, but I'm not sure what it could be. Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!!
rgebhart

Re: TestConductor: Invalid Instance for dummy driver

Postby KalleBlaschke » May 18th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Hi rgebhard,

it seems that no instance of the dummy driver class has been created. In order to check this,
please do
- simply start the generated application via the Rhapsody code menu
- do a "Go idle"
- in the browser, check if indeed an instance of the class dummy driver is created (there must be an entry in the "Instances" section underneath the dummy driver class.)
KalleBlaschke

Postby rgebhart » May 18th, 2010, 8:51 pm

"execute" is greyed out under the code menu for the testcase. If I execute the test, then I see some instances, but I don't see instances of any of the test objects. And not sure why. If I execute the top level component for the entire test package, I still don't see instances of the test objects (dummy driver) getting created.

What I am doing is attempting to run a testcase under Test Conductor that I have created against a composite class that wraps the rest of the subsystem that I want to exercise.

So, under TestContexts is a testcase that references a sequence diagram that I created with the Dummy Driver and the SUT (the composite class). Both of these were created automatically when I did a "create Test Architecture" against the composite class in the model. Once the test archicture was created, I created a SD Test, and filled in the SD with a few messages.

However, before any of the messages are sent from the Dummy Driver to the SUT, I get a box popping up with the error message given above. So, still unclear how to get the dummy driver instance to show up. :)

Thanks for any help!!
rgebhart

Postby KalleBlaschke » May 21st, 2010, 10:59 am

For me it seems that the component/configuration you are executing is simply not defined
correctly. You have to make sure that the configuration you are executing indeed creates instances
of the test context.

In order to give more precise help, can you post the model or at least a screenshot of the test architecture and the definition of the configuration?
KalleBlaschke

Postby Roy.Gerstner » June 1st, 2010, 11:05 pm

Hi,

some points to ferify:
-does an object or part of DummyDriver exist in your TestPackage?
-In the Features of your SD-Testcase the option "Drive and Monitor" must be set
-Is the animation enabled?
-Does a LINK exist between DummyDriver and your SUT?

Roy
Roy.Gerstner

Postby rgebhart » June 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm

So it seems that there were 2 things. 1) generate implicit contstructor was not turned on for the test objects. Not sure if that had something to do with it or not. But 2) it seems animation wasn't turned on for some of the test objects as well.
rgebhart

Return to TestConductor, ATG, Gateway, ReporterPlus